Showing 53 results

archival descriptions
Hermaniuk, Maxim, 1911-1996 Manitoba--Winnipeg Item With digital objects
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Metr. Emeritus Hermaniuk with UCWLC Carollers

The UCWLC (Ukrainian Catholic Women's League of Canada) sing carols for Metropolitan Emeritus Maxim Hermaniuk and Metropolitan Michael Bzdel, Chancery residence, Winnipeg, Manitoba, January 1996. Pauline Dyrkacs (past national president) stands on the far right in red.

SUM Carollers

SUM (Ukrainian Youth Association) carollers pose with Metropolitan Emeritus Maxim Hermaniuk, Chancery residence, Winnipeg, Manitoba, January 1996.

Arrival for Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk

Procession of clergy crossing the street before entering Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral in Winnipeg, Manitoba, with faithful waiting nearby, for the consecration of Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop to Archbishop Basil Ladyka. Among the clergy in the procession are Reverends Semen Izyk, John Sholdak, Wasyl Kushnir; Bishops Andrew Roborecki and Isidore Borecky; Maxim Hermaniuk; and the Apostolic Delegate to Canada, Archbishop Ildebrando Antoniutti.

Consecration of Bishop Hermaniuk

Consecration of Reverend Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop, led by Archbishop Basil Ladyka, on the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba. Reverend Semen Izyk stands to the left of Bishop Isidore Borecki, who holds the mitre, left of Archbishop Ladyka.

Consecration of B. Maxim Hermaniuk

Consecration of Reverend Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop to Archbishop Basil Ladyka, Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951. Archbishop Basil Ladyka stands before the altar, with Bishop Andrew Roborecki directly behind him, and Bishop Hermaniuk behind Bishop Andrew. There are seven prints depicting the consecration ceremony. This one alone bears some identification. Typed on the back, at the top edge of the print in Ukrainian is the description: "Consecration of Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk".

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk's First Episcopal Divine Liturgy

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk celebrates Divine Liturgy in an outdoor setting, at Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after his consecration as bishop. Present with him before the altar are several clergy, including Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir, in the foreground. Bishop Neil Savaryn stands left of centre, at the foot of the altar.

Bishop Hermaniuk, Episcopal Divine Liturgy

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk performs his first Episcopal Divine Liturgy in an outdoor setting, at Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after his consecration as bishop. He offers Holy Communion to the faithful in the field serving as the church, while the Apostolic Delegate to Canada kneels top left, with Bishop Neil Savaryn next to him, and Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) kneeling next to Bishop Neil. Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir stands to the right of the altar, while Bishop Andrew Roborecki kneels third from the left.

Canonical Erection of Metropolitan See, IV

The Ukrainian Canadian bishops are seated before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral in Winnipeg, Manitoba, during the Canonical Erection of the Metropolitan See of Winnipeg and the Ceremony of the Installation of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk as Archbishop-Metropolitan of Winnipeg, February 12, 1957. From the left: Apostolic Exarch of Eastern Canada, Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky); Apostolic Exarch of Western Canada, Bishop Neil Savaryn, OSBM; His Grace, Archbishop-Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk; Apostolic Exarch of Saskatchewan, Bishop Andrew Roberecki. Four unidentified clergy stand nearby.

Results 1 to 10 of 53