Print preview Close

Showing 17 results

archival descriptions
Borecky, Isidore
Print preview View:

14 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Arrival for Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk

Procession of clergy crossing the street before entering Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral in Winnipeg, Manitoba, with faithful waiting nearby, for the consecration of Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop to Archbishop Basil Ladyka. Among the clergy in the procession are Reverends Semen Izyk, John Sholdak, Wasyl Kushnir; Bishops Andrew Roborecki and Isidore Borecky; Maxim Hermaniuk; and the Apostolic Delegate to Canada, Archbishop Ildebrando Antoniutti.

Arrival for Consecration of Bishop Hermaniuk

The procession of clergy is entering Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral in Winnipeg, Manitoba, for the consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop to Archbishop Basil Ladyka, led at this point by Reverend Semen Izyk, and followed closely by Bishop Maxim. Bishop Andrew Roberecki, Bishop Isidore Borecki, Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir, and the Apostolic Delegate, Archbishop Ildebrando Antoniutti cross the street, a distance behind.

Consecration of Bishop Hermaniuk

Consecration of Reverend Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop, led by Archbishop Basil Ladyka, on the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba. Reverend Semen Izyk stands to the left of Bishop Isidore Borecki, who holds the mitre, left of Archbishop Ladyka.

Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, CSsR

Archbishop Basil Ladyka elevates candles as he stands before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, during the consecration of Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, who holds the poimantike rabdos, and stands to the left of Archbishop Basil. Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky), also holding his rabdos and wearing his mitre, stands behind Bishop Andrew Roborecki who holds his rabdos, with no mitre. Reverend Semen Izyk stands at the right of the clergy around the altar. June 29, 1951.

Consecration of Bishop Hermaniuk, CSsR

Now consecrated Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk stands before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, while Bishop Andrew Roborecki stands on the right and Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) stands on the left, each holding his rabdos poimantike. June 29, 1951.

Banquet at the King Edward Hotel

Clergy, including Reverend Maxim Hermaniuk and Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky), are gathered at the head table, with laity standing near, for a banquet, King Edward Hotel, Toronto, Ontario, March 20, 1950.

Bishop Hermaniuk, Episcopal Divine Liturgy

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk performs his first Episcopal Divine Liturgy in an outdoor setting, at Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after his consecration as bishop. He offers Holy Communion to the faithful in the field serving as the church, while the Apostolic Delegate to Canada kneels top left, with Bishop Neil Savaryn next to him, and Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) kneeling next to Bishop Neil. Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir stands to the right of the altar, while Bishop Andrew Roborecki kneels third from the left.

First Episcopal Divine Liturgy, Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk stands before the crowd in front of Blessed Virgin Mary (Prokova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, 965 Boyd Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after Bishop Hermaniuk was consecrated as bishop. Several clergy, including Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) are also present in front of the church.

Consecration of Bishop Maxim

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk is holding the chalice during his consecration at Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951, with Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) on the left, Bishop Andrew Roberecki on the right, and several other clergy with him near the altar. Bishop Maxim has described the photo in his handwriting, in Ukrainian, on the back.

Consecration of B. Maxim

Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951. Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) is seated on the left of centre in the photo, Bishop Andrew Roborecki on the right. Archbishop Basil Ladyka appears to be seated in front of the altar, with several other clergy members also participating. Bishop Maxim has described the photo in his hand in Ukrainian on the back.

Results 1 to 10 of 17