Showing 9446 results

archival descriptions
Series
Print preview View:

52 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Bulletins and directories

  • CA CMBS Volumes 627-628, 1277-1279; Microfilm: R7, pp. 2112-2462; R8, pp. 1-897.-volume 627 files 9-21; volume 628 files 1-6; volume 1277 files 1-16
  • Series
  • 1988-2007
  • Part of West Portal Mennonite Brethren Church fonds

This series contains church bulletins outlining weekly services and midweek activities and church telephone directories.

West Portal Mennonite Brethren Church

Membership, family and attendance records

  • CA CMBS Volume 618 files 1-14, volume 1280 files 1-6, volume 1281 files 1-22.-volume 618, files 1-14; volume 1281, files 3, 23, 25; microfilm R47, pp. 492-497.
  • Series
  • 1967-1996
  • Part of Regal Heights Mennonite Brethren Church Fonds

This series contains membership information such as baptism certificates, church membership documents, and attendance records for Sunday services, Sunday school and Vacation Bible School.

Regal Heights Mennonite Brethren Church

Historical records

  • CA CMBS BF507; Microfilm: R7, pp. 1119-2111. Volumes 595-596, 1273-1275.-volume 595 files 1-14, volume 596 files 1-11, volume 1273 files 1-30.
  • Series
  • 1955-2006
  • Part of Forest Grove Community Church fonds

This series includes several historical sketches of the Nutana MB Church, Forest Grove Community church bulletins (1979-2006), and church constitutions (1970, 1976, 1985, 1991, 1996) as well as incomplete constitutions (1996 and 2000). There is also a yearbook of Gospel Tidings, the gospel broadcast sponsored by the Central Mennonite Brethren Church. Also included is the church's newspaper, "Focus", (1983-1986) along with some working documents and photographs, as well as its successor newsletter the "Builder", (1987-1988). This series also contains the correspondence of the Board of Mission (1985-1996), correspondence of congratulations regarding the completion of the new building in 1985, the correspondence of the Provincial Outreach Ministry (1985-1996), and the correspondence of the worship teams (1993-1994). There is also a poster advertising the 1995 Christmas program.

Forest Grove Community Church

Minutes, correspondence and constitutions of church bodies

This series contains minutes of congregational meetings and the church board (1962-1977). Complete constitutions from 1977 and 1994 are extant, along with amendments and organizational charts (1968-1976). Correspondence and schedules regarding the church's 25th anniversary celebrations are extant ([1995]).The church investigated constructing a new building (1977-1980), but never did. The Inreach Committee was a coordinating body for the church's ministries to its own members (1996). The church went through the process of creating a logo in 1979. Correspondence and receipts pertaining to maintenance of the church building are extant from 1982 to 1983, along with correspondence with missionaries (1994-1996). The Nominations Committee was responsible for filling positions on church committees and ministries (1978-1995). Various undated church publicity materials from the 1990's are extant, as well as course materials from the Vacation Bible School ([1993-1995?]) There are also schedules and teaching materials for the Youth Group [1985?] along with a petition to various youth organizations in the city of Moose Jaw, urging them to avoid scheduling events on Sunday mornings (1996).

Regal Heights Mennonite Brethren Church

Financial records

This series contains church financial statements and records (1967-1997), along with weekly offering counting records (1987-1988).

Regal Heights Mennonite Brethren Church

Historical materials

This series contains church bulletins and both telephone and pictorial directories.

Regal Heights Mennonite Brethren Church

Financial records

This series contains church budgets and financial reports that show many of the priorities of the congregation.

West Portal Mennonite Brethren Church

Church ministries minutes and reports

This series contains records of church bodies tasked with running specific programs or ministering to specific groups within the congregation. Some groups were responsible for age-specific programs. In the church's early years, the Sunday School Committee and Teachers ran the church's Sunday school program (1954-1966). Later, the Board of Christian Education was responsible for children's programs, the library, church publications, and Christian education for adults (1981-1995). The Christian Service Brigade was a mid-week club for boys. Minutes from 1966 to 1972, as well as 1985, are extant. Further material pertaining to this group can be found in the records of the Board of Christian Education. The College and Career Executive was responsible for the young adults group (1984-1989). The Senior Care Committee planned activities and visitation for seniors (1992-1995). The Youth Fellowship ran midweek services for young people. Records of its gatherings (1954-1963) and of meetings of it organizing body, the Youth Fellowship Executive (1962-1972), are extant. The Board of Youth Ministry was responsible for the church's programs for high school age people and young adults (1984-1995). Some groups were responsible for the upkeep of church facilities and communications. The Expansion Committee was tasked with obtaining a new church building, eventually constructed on 33rd street ([1978?]-1984). The Forward Planning Committee was responsible for various building upgrades and maintenance (1987-1988). The Library and Publicity Committee operated the church library and produced materials such as posters and calendars for the church (1981-1989). The Board of Management, which later became the Management Committee and then the Management Team, was responsible for building maintenance and scheduling, as well as handling church finances (1980-2000). The Publications Committee was responsible for church newsletters, photography, bulletin boards, mailboxes and other such communication media (1986-[1987?]). Some correspondence and inventory lists regarding sports and the church gymnasium are extant ([1986]). Several church bodies were responsible for providing interpersonal services or managing human resources. The Board of Evangelism was responsible for outreach programs in the Saskatoon area (1983-1989). It became the Board of Outreach as part of church restructuring for 1990 (1990-1992), after which its responsibilities were passed on to the Missions Committee. The Fellowship Group Leaders were in charge of the church's midweek small groups (1987-1989). The Ladies Mission Circle corresponded with and financially supported overseas missionaries (1955-1968). It was succeeded by the Ladies Fellowship, which focused on caring for the diverse needs of its members (1969-1995). In its later years, the Ladies Fellowship Executive was formed to run the ministry (1989-1995). The Board of Missions, later the Missions Committee and Missions Team, was initially tasked with supporting and promoting international missionaries and mission work, sometimes in conjunction with the national conference. The Missions Committee eventually took on the responsibility for local outreach and mission work from the Board of Outreach (1987-2000). The Board of Music was responsible for music in the church (1982-1989). Its responsibilities were transferred to the newly created Worship Board in 1990, which was tasked with planning entire worship services and special events (1990-1992). It was later renamed the Worship Team (1992-2001). The Board of Nominations was responsible for finding qualified laypeople to fill positions in church ministries, boards and committees (1984-1989). The Pulpit Committee was tasked with finding a senior pastor for the church (1963-1964). The Search Team fulfilled this function in later years (1985, 1996). The Services Board coordinated welcoming and ushers, as well as church gift-giving (1980-1996).

West Portal Mennonite Brethren Church

Financial records

This series consists of annual statements from 1964 -1967, 1981-1983, 1988-1991, and 2000-2001, as well as church directories from 1981-2002.

Forest Grove Community Church

Minutes and reports

  • CA CMBS BF507; Microfilm: R7, pp. 1119-2111. Volumes 595-596, 1273-1275.-volume 1273 files 31-32, volume 1274 files 1-26, volume 1275 files 1-49.
  • Series
  • 1963-2006
  • Part of Forest Grove Community Church fonds

This series consists of minutes of Church Council, membership meetings, and various church boards and committees. The minutes are typed. Also in this series are annual reports and records of church nominations and elections for church positions such as moderator, secretary, and committee members (1965â€"1988). The minutes of several fellowship groups are present. The 120 Fellowship ministered to the needs of married couples (1987). The AFC (Adult Fellowship Classes) Leadership Teams were responsible for adult Sunday school classes (2000). The Koinonia Executive and its successor body, the Christian Singles Executive, were responsible for the church's ministries among single adults (1985 to 1988); the Christian Singles Executive, (1989-1990). The Men's Fellowship Breakfast was a monthly gathering (1989). The M.O.M.'s Executive (Morning Off for Moms) ran biweekly (later weekly) meetings which offered fellowship, teaching and child care (1984-1985,1991, 2004). The Forest Grove Youth Executive was in charge of ministries to high school age people (1985); also present are minutes of a meeting of the parents of members of the senior high youth group (1988). Some groups were struck to prepare for special events. These include the 25th Anniversary Committee (1984). The Martin Steering Committee made preparations and arrangements for the visit of Walter Martin in October 1987, as well as follow-up activities (1986-1988). The Missions Conference Committee was responsible for organizing the church's annual Missions Conference (1985). The Solo Flight Planning Committee was responsible for all necessary arrangements for the Solo Flight Conference for young adults in 1989. Some groups were responsible for overseeing a wide variety of ministries. The Board of Care coordinated Home Groups, Care Communities, and Special Ministries (1998-2002). The Board of Christian Education was responsible for Sunday School (for adults and children), Clubs, Children's Church, the nursery, liaison with Redberry Bible Camp, and the church library (1985-1995). Most of its responsibilities were transferred to the Children's Ministry Board. The Children's Ministry Board handled Sunday School, Children's Church, and Clubs (2000-2002). The Board of Evangelism was responsible for local, provincial and national outreach. It worked with other church boards and ministries, organized its own evangelistic events, and acted as a liaison with the provincial Board of Extension and the national Board of Evangelism as well as other parachurch organizations (1988-2001). The Board of Mission was involved with international missionary work, both by supporting and corresponding with missionaries and their sending agencies and promoting their work locally. Minutes (1986- 2006) are extant, along with correspondence (1985-1996). The Board of Missions and Evangelism was initially responsible for local evangelical work, as well as promoting national and foreign mission activity. The responsibility for foreign mission was later given to the Board of Mission (1986-1987). After 1987, the board was succeeded by the Board of Evangelism. The Board of Specialized Ministries managed ministries catering to specific population segments, such as the nursery, sports ministry, and M.O.M,'s group. Minutes from 1985 to 1986 are extant. The Coordinating Boards consisted of the chairpersons of several upper-level boards and committees who met with the church council and the pastors to report on church ministries and set large-scale goals for the congregation (1984-1985). The Deacon Board was responsible for serving communion, visitation and small groups, catechesis, and material aid to the poor. The title "deacon" was replaced by "lay pastor" in 1991, though the Deacon Board continued under the same name. Minutes from 1984 to 1992 are extant, along with minutes of meetings of deacons and Growth Group (small group) leaders from 1988 to 1989. Other bodies were responsible for specific activities. The Music Committee, which became the Board of Music in 1986, coordinated all music and musical equipment at the church. Minutes from 1984 to 1986 for the Music Committee, and from 1986 to 2000 for the Board of Music. The Board of Recruitment and Selection, known as the Nominating Committee prior to June 1994, was responsible for finding laypersons to serve as board and committee members, program coordinators, and delegates to conferences (Minutes 1994-2005). The Building Committee oversaw the construction of the church building that was first occupied in 1984, though final details were only completed in 1985 (1985) The Membership Committee was in charge of keeping up accurate and current membership lists, as well as promoting baptism and membership classes (Minutes 2002-2005). The Nursery Committee was responsible for infant care [198-?]. The Pioneer Clubs Committee was responsible for running the children's mid week programs (Minutes 1985-1986). The Pre-School Committee, which became the Pre-School Board in 1987, was responsible for the church's mid-week preschool (Minutes 1987-1989). The Stewardship Committee was responsible for the "This Is My Church Too" fundraising campaign of 1990 (Minutes 1989-1990). The Sunday School Executive was responsible for all the various Sunday education activities for children outside the worship service (Minutes 1987). The Visitation Program involved church members visiting newcomers in their homes. A general outline of the program from 1989 is extant. Two bodies were responsible for the church's financial, capital, and human resources. The Board of Management handled the church's finances and was responsible for the maintenance, development, and patterns of use of the church's facilities (Minutes 1985-2006). The Personnel Committee was a support and accountability body for the pastors. A single agenda from 1988 is extant. Several bodies were struck to envision and plan for the future. The Land Use Committee was responsible for exploring possible uses of vacant land on the campus of the church. (Minutes [1985?]). Based on the work of his committee, the Forward Planning Committee for the Forest Grove Retirement Center [sic] was struck, which explored the possibility of building a seniors' residence on the campus of the church. This project was never realized (Minutes 1986). The Pastoral Search Committee was responsible for finding persons to fill paid pastoral positions. As of 1987, this body was known simply as the Search Committee. Each pastoral search was conducted by a committee of unique composition (Minutes 1985, 1987-1995). The Task Force was struck to rethink the church's organizational structures and staffing capacity, and made recommendations pertaining to staffing, a possible church plant, and a proposed building expansion (Minutes 1993-1994).

Forest Grove Community Church

Results 1 to 10 of 9446