school records for years listed Birnie 465 1886 - 1954 - 1968 The first school was built in 1886, three quarters of a mile from the Grover home and just across the road from the A. Henton lane, on SE 3-17-15. It was named North End No 465. The school was moved and a new brick school was built east of town in 1909 and called Birnie School.
attendance registers Orange Ridge 576 1889 – 1968 Brydges S.D. #576 was formed in 1889. Two buildings on three different sites served this small school district which was carved out of the much larger postal community of Orange Ridge. In 1929 Brydges School District was changed to Orange Ridge so it could be identified with the community from which it developed. The first teacher was Miss Minnie Glennie. Final site of the school was on SE 18-17-14