This fonds holds most of the records for most of the schools in the northern part of the BPSD area. BPSD records have been split on a geographical basis - where the students go to high school, so do the records so that Carberry Plains has the records for Wellwood and south, BPA has the records for Brookdale and north. Registers are the daily and annual records of the happenings within a school. Minute books record the meetings of the boards that controlled the schools. Other records show the accounting for the financial management of the facilities.
registers covering 1906 to 1919 Acton 155 1887 - 1918 Opened in 1887on the NW corner of 4-16-15 (J. M. Young farm). The first teacher was Harold Mitchell. The school was named by Mrs. Robert McCracken who had come from Acton, Ont. In 1903 this school was replaced by a new Acton School located on SE 5-16-15. This building was later moved to Eden and used as a community hall.