Print preview Close

Showing 222 results

archival descriptions
Manitoba--Brandon
Print preview View:

173 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Beecham Trotter Collection

  • CA DHM 2007.3
  • Collection
  • c.1880 to 1943

The collection is comprised of material accumulated or created by Beecham Trotter and his family. It consists of photographs of the Trotter Family and other Brandon residents. Additionally there are drawings of different locations in the Brandon area. The collection includes numerous newspaper clippings of articles written by Beecham Trotter on the early days of Brandon. There are also newspaper clippings pertaining to other members of the Trotter family and other prominent Brandon figures. Many of these newspaper clippings are found in a scrapbook and others are separate. Other writings of Beecham Trotter in the collection include a magazine article and a typewritten short story. Items are described in detail at the individual level in the Daly House Museum database.

Trotter, Beecham

6th Street, Brandon, Manitoba

Reprint of the west side of 6th Street, Brandon, Manitoba looking north. Businesses in the image, from left to right, are: Winter & O'Neill (general store), James A. Smart (hardware), Grand Central Hotel (built 1882, razed 1890 to make space for new development) , Americal House (hotel), and Brandon House (hotel). In front of the buildings there are people with horse drawn wagons.

Clark J. Smith Studio

Rosser Avenue c.1883

Photograph of Rosser Avenue c.1883. Visible businesses include (from left to right): Fortier & Bucke, Manufacturers' Agents; the New Era; the Imperial Bank of Canada; and T. D. McLean, Jeweller.

Brandon Volunteer Fire Brigade, 1884

Photograph of the members of the 1882 Brandon Volunteer Fire Brigade. Pictured are uniformed fire fighters: J. Richards, T. Taylor, B. Trotter, N. Field, J. Maywood, E. Wiswell (standing); J. Reid, J. Burchill, T. Speers, W. Taylor, A. McLean, J. Canning, W. Campbell, E. Stanley (kneeling). There is a hook and ladder truck in the background.

Barclay & O'Hara

Early photograph of Pacific Avenue, Brandon. The photograph shows the office and yard of Barclay & O'Hara: Dealers in Lumber and Coal at 704 Pacific Avenue. In front are people with horses and wagons. To the left is the Western Canada Loan & Savings Co. (appraiser, E. J. Barclay). To the far right is possibly the Farmer's Home Hotel.

Clark J. Smith Studio

Results 1 to 10 of 222