Showing 29 results

archival descriptions
Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk fonds Hermaniuk, Maxim, 1911-1996 Manitoba--Winnipeg With digital objects
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Opening of Holy Family Home

Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk is speaking at a microphone on the steps of Holy Family Home, 165 Aberdeen Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, May 26, 1957. Reverend Joseph Pulak is standing at the left and Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir at the right. Other unidentified clergy and acolytes stand nearby. The date is stamped on the back and also a number is written in red ink.

Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk fonds

  • Fonds
  • 1911-1996

The Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk fonds is comprised of papers from all phases of his life, study, and vocation in Europe and in Canada. The textual material includes extensive studies of local, national, and international importance in wide-ranging areas of social interest; official documents of the pre-Vatican and Vatican II Councils; correspondence from the private to the official level throughout his lifetime; material tracing preparation for the Papal visit to Canada in 1984, and the Millennium of Christianity in Ukraine celebrated in 1988; and numerous publications either written by Metropolitan Hermaniuk, or of interest to him.
The fonds is comprised of numerous reports, appeals, media articles, and documents both preliminary and officially created in the course of decision-making, in the course of guiding, supporting, teaching, and inspiring clergy as well as lay people in the Church. As the spiritual and administrative head of the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Canada and an influential participant in the councils of Vatican II, Metropolitan Hermaniuk lived through a time of change at the highest levels, illustrated by his papers. Spanning much of the twentieth century, the papers at the same time extraordinarily document life itself, especially during the last half of that century

Hermaniuk, Maxim, 1911-1996

Liturgical Celebration

Interior of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, with lay young men and women in the altar area, with servers, two clergy, and Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk standing by the sanctuary. The church is filled with faithful.

First Episcopal Divine Liturgy, Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk stands before the crowd in front of Blessed Virgin Mary (Prokova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, 965 Boyd Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after Bishop Hermaniuk was consecrated as bishop. Several clergy, including Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) are also present in front of the church.

Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, CSsR

Archbishop Basil Ladyka elevates candles as he stands before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, during the consecration of Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, who holds the poimantike rabdos, and stands to the left of Archbishop Basil. Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky), also holding his rabdos and wearing his mitre, stands behind Bishop Andrew Roborecki who holds his rabdos, with no mitre. Reverend Semen Izyk stands at the right of the clergy around the altar. June 29, 1951.

Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk

During the Consecration ceremony of Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop for Archbishop Basil Ladyka, Bishop Neil Savaryn stands to the right, behind the Apostolic Delegate. Proceeding around the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral in Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951. Bishop Hermaniuk leads, followed by Bishop Andrew Roberecki, and Archbishop Basil Ladyka.

Consecration of Bishop Maxim

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk is holding the chalice during his consecration at Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951, with Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) on the left, Bishop Andrew Roberecki on the right, and several other clergy with him near the altar. Bishop Maxim has described the photo in his handwriting, in Ukrainian, on the back.

Consecration of Bishop Hermaniuk, CSsR

Now consecrated Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk stands before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, while Bishop Andrew Roborecki stands on the right and Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) stands on the left, each holding his rabdos poimantike. June 29, 1951.

Results 1 to 10 of 29