Showing 283 results

archival descriptions
Philip Ruh fonds Manitoba Image With digital objects
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

PRPC0640

On front: “St. Mary’s Academy, Winnipeg, Man.” On back: “…July 12, 1916 Two letters ??? ??? ???. It was ??? ???. How are you all? Very warm here. Love to all. ?.B.P."July 12, 1916. Winnipeg, Manitoba.

PRPC0585

"Interior of St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Man." Colour retouched photo postcard.

PRPC0047

Metropolitan Andrey Sheptycky on his cross-Canada tour in 1921, is seated second from the right, with Bishop Nicetas Budka centre left.September 29, 1921, Sifton, Manitoba.

PRPC0490

Father Ruh is to the right, his arm extended, in the early stages of construction of St. Mary’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, built entirely of wood within eleven months.Mountain Road, Manitoba.

PRPC0491

St. Mary’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, designed by Father Ruh and built entirely of wood within eleven months.Mountain Road, Manitoba.

PRPC0051

Parishioners stand at all levels of St. Mary’s Ukrainian Catholic Church during early stages in construction, while crowning the tall wooden columns are hardy men, waving their hats. Stacks of lumber lie in the foreground. The church was designed ...

PRPC0052

[Inscription on the front in Father Ruh’s writing:] Builded by Rev. Phil. Ruh at Mountain Road 1924-1925 [Inscription in Father Ruh’s hand on the back:] s(e)ize: 120 feet long—96 “ wide—120 “ highMountain Road, Manitoba.

PRPC0053

Mountain Road Church. St. Mary’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, under construction, designed and built by Father Ruh between 1923 and 1924. The first church is still in use and lumber lies in the foreground as the parish congregates for a group photog...

PRPC0054

Father Ruh standing above and to the left of the group, with Mike Sawchuk standing at the far right, as the walls of St. Mary’s Ukrainian Catholic Church begin to take shape. The wooden structure was completed within eleven months, between 1924 an...

PRPC0055

Father Ruh, in cassock, lower right, supervises construction of the all-wooden St. Mary’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, which was completed within eleven months between 1924 and 1925.Mountain Road, Manitoba.

Results 1 to 10 of 283