Interior of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, with lay young men and women in the altar area, with servers, two clergy, and Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk standing by the sanctuary. The church is filled with faithful.
The fonds consists of 59 identification cards for clergy working within the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Winnipeg. There are 59 portrait photographs of the clergy which were used as the photos on the identification cards. There are fifteen pages of textual records consisting of an invoice, work order reports, parish names and addresses, and a check list of clergy who have or have not completed their portrait.
The series includes papers from the time Metropolitan Hermaniuk was appointed Bishop in Canada and throughout his religious career, spanning the anniversaries and milestones in his life. The documents are both official and personal, greetings, congratulations, and newspaper clippings.
During the Consecration ceremony of Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop for Archbishop Basil Ladyka, Bishop Neil Savaryn stands to the right, behind the Apostolic Delegate. Proceeding around the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral in Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951. Bishop Hermaniuk leads, followed by Bishop Andrew Roberecki, and Archbishop Basil Ladyka.
Now consecrated Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk stands before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, while Bishop Andrew Roborecki stands on the right and Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) stands on the left, each holding his rabdos poimantike. June 29, 1951.
Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk celebrates Divine Liturgy in an outdoor setting, at Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after his consecration as bishop. On the left is the Apostolic Delegate to Canada, Archbishop Ildebrando Antoniuuti.
Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk performs his first Episcopal Divine Liturgy in an outdoor setting, at Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after his consecration as bishop. Present with him before the altar are several clergy. Bishop Maxim identifies the event in his hand-writing, in Ukrainian, on the back of two black and white prints, each in excellent condition. MMHP0056i is dated June 30, 1951. MMHP0056ii is dated July 1, 1951.
Bishop Neil Savaryn leads the procession during celebration of Divine Liturgy in an outdoor setting, Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk's consecration as bishop. Bishop Maxim follows Bishop Neil, holding the Host high, under the canopy.
Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk stands before the crowd in front of Blessed Virgin Mary (Prokova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, 965 Boyd Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after Bishop Hermaniuk was consecrated as bishop. Several clergy, including Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) are also present in front of the church.