The series records the interest Metropolitan Maxim took in the spiritual and cultural life of Ukrainian youth in Canada. It traces the development of the youth program guided by the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Canada, the evolution of St. Nicholas School in Winnipeg, Manitoba, into the Immaculate Heart of Mary School, the history of St. Vladimir's College in Roblin, Manitoba, and the emergence of Ukrainian Park, in the decades of Metropolitan Maxim's influence.
The series includes records of the efforts made to aid Ukrainians in Europe displaced by the Second World War. He helped organize the Committee's publication, Visti, with the aim to bolster the spiritual, social, and nationalist life of the refugees. Metropolitan Maxim's work in Belgium in aid of those dispossessed, continued from his new home in Canada.
The series includes the theses written by Metropolitan Hermaniuk in 1947, as well as his contributions to newspapers and periodicals such as Visti, Obnova, Voice of Christ, Lover of Mankind, P.B. Louvain, Logos, Postup/Progress, the New Catholic Encyclopedia, and various articles.
Procession of clergy crossing the street before entering Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral in Winnipeg, Manitoba, with faithful waiting nearby, for the consecration of Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop to Archbishop Basil Ladyka. Among the clergy in the procession are Reverends Semen Izyk, John Sholdak, Wasyl Kushnir; Bishops Andrew Roborecki and Isidore Borecky; Maxim Hermaniuk; and the Apostolic Delegate to Canada, Archbishop Ildebrando Antoniutti.
Consecration of Reverend Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop, led by Archbishop Basil Ladyka, on the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba. Reverend Semen Izyk stands to the left of Bishop Isidore Borecki, who holds the mitre, left of Archbishop Ladyka.
Consecration of Reverend Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop to Archbishop Basil Ladyka, Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951. Archbishop Basil Ladyka stands before the altar, with Bishop Andrew Roborecki directly behind him, and Bishop Hermaniuk behind Bishop Andrew. There are seven prints depicting the consecration ceremony. This one alone bears some identification. Typed on the back, at the top edge of the print in Ukrainian is the description: "Consecration of Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk".
Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk celebrates Divine Liturgy in an outdoor setting, at Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after his consecration as bishop. Present with him before the altar are several clergy, including Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir, in the foreground. Bishop Neil Savaryn stands left of centre, at the foot of the altar.
Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk performs his first Episcopal Divine Liturgy in an outdoor setting, at Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after his consecration as bishop. He offers Holy Communion to the faithful in the field serving as the church, while the Apostolic Delegate to Canada kneels top left, with Bishop Neil Savaryn next to him, and Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) kneeling next to Bishop Neil. Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir stands to the right of the altar, while Bishop Andrew Roborecki kneels third from the left.
The Ukrainian Canadian bishops are seated before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral in Winnipeg, Manitoba, during the Canonical Erection of the Metropolitan See of Winnipeg and the Ceremony of the Installation of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk as Archbishop-Metropolitan of Winnipeg, February 12, 1957. From the left: Apostolic Exarch of Eastern Canada, Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky); Apostolic Exarch of Western Canada, Bishop Neil Savaryn, OSBM; His Grace, Archbishop-Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk; Apostolic Exarch of Saskatchewan, Bishop Andrew Roberecki. Four unidentified clergy stand nearby.