Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk enters the church yard as he leads the procession to Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, 965 Boyd Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, after (?) celebrating Divine Liturgy in an open field the day after his consecration as bishop.
Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk stands before the crowd in front of Blessed Virgin Mary (Prokova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, 965 Boyd Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after Bishop Hermaniuk was consecrated as bishop. Several clergy, including Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) are also present in front of the church.
Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk is holding the chalice during his consecration at Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951, with Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) on the left, Bishop Andrew Roberecki on the right, and several other clergy with him near the altar. Bishop Maxim has described the photo in his handwriting, in Ukrainian, on the back.
Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951. Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) is seated on the left of centre in the photo, Bishop Andrew Roborecki on the right. Archbishop Basil Ladyka appears to be seated in front of the altar, with several other clergy members also participating. Bishop Maxim has described the photo in his hand in Ukrainian on the back.
Interior of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, with lay young men and women in the altar area, with servers, two clergy, and Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk standing by the sanctuary. The church is filled with faithful.
Passport photo, in six prints, two of which are certified. MMHP0070i says, "His Exc. Bishop Maxime Hermaniuk CSSR", and has "Coadjutor to the Apost. Eparchs of Winnipeg" vigorously stroked out in pencil; "1/2 col" is in pencil and is circled; and written beneath, also in pencil, is "return to M?????" MMHP0070ii says "I certify this to be a true photograph of Most Rev. M. Hermaniuk" in blue ink, and signed beneath it in black ink: "Basil V. Ladyka Arch." All four of the other prints are clean on the back; three have several tack punctures.
Four rows of Canadian Catholic bishops pose during the Plenary Assembly of the Canadian Episcopate in Ottawa, Ontario, October 14-15, 1953. Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk is the last on the right, in front of the venetian blinds of the window on the right. Bishop Neil Savaryn is on the left, in the first row of those standing. Bishop Andrew Roberecki is the sixth from the left in the same row; Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) is right of Bishop Andrew. A full description of those present accompanies the photo. There are two black and white prints, both bearing pencil descriptions in Bishop Maxim's hand in Ukrainian.
Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk sits in the centre of a banquet head table, with Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) right of centre, at the Obnova Conference in the Prince Edward Hotel in Toronto, Ontario, October 11, 1953. Bishop Maxim has written in ink, in Ukrainian, on the bottom right corner of the back of the photo, giving the event, date, and location.