Father Ruh among the workers at the digging of the foundation of the church in Grimsby Ontario, in the year 1936. Father Ruh, shovel in hand, centre, leads workers in the excavation of the basement of the Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary which he designed and built.
Early stages in construction of the Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, designed and built by Father Ruh between 1935-1940. Many of the parishioners had been known to Father Ruh when he served them in Mountain Road, Manitoba, before they migrated to Ontario.
Archbishop Wasyly Ladyka stands flanked by Bishop Andrew Roborecki on the left, and Bishop Isidore Borecki on the right, in front of Sts. Cyril and Methodius Ukrainian Catholic Church, designed and built by Father Ruh, in its early stages of construction.