Handwritten research notes in preparation for writing Curiosity.
Research notes and early first-person draft
Typed and handwritten research notes in preparation for writing Curiosity, and an early draft of the novel, written in (the since-abandoned) first person.
A blue folded piece of paper with illegible writting, inside is a dried crust. Also a scrapbook page of a drawn angel.
The John Bunn file contains the following material:
- Dr John Bunn: the diligent doctor of Assiniboia, Medical Post, 10 Sept 1996 (2pp)
- "Notes on Early Medical Men of Manitoba" by Archbishop Matheson (original in 21.9 (RB Mitchell) (1p)
- Doctor John Bunn by Ross Mitchell (3pp)
- Pioneers and Early Citizens of Manitoba: A Dictionary of Manitoba Biography . . . to 1920 compiled by Man Library Assn; Peguis Publishers, Wpg c1979 (extract) (2pp)
- "Bunn’s Adventures" by D Aiken Real Estate News, Wpg c1990-94 (article deals mainly with John Bunn’s father Thomas, also a surgeon) (2pp)
- 2 letters concerning the Notman photograph of John Bunn - from William Notman & Son, 1936 and Ross B Mitchell, undated (2pp)
- Brief biographical note by Ross Mitchell from Medicine in Manitoba 1955 (1p)
- Notes from "A Medical History of Manitoba" by Ruth Monk(?), (original in file #21.10.3) (2pp)
- Roland: "Pioneer MD a jack-of-all-trades" n.s. (1p)
- Entry on JB from Dictionary of Canadian Biography On-line (2pp)
- Brief biography from Man Hist Soc website (1p)
- Corres scjb & McCord Museum of Cd. Hist re John Bunn carte de visite photog + photocopy of McCord #13374 photo + photocopies of front/back of our copy (5pp)
MPC 1.0 #284 - Notman copy (1864) of an earlier Notman photograph
- Ross Mitchell, Medicine in Manitoba, pp41-43, 48, 101
- HH Chown biographical file #21.9
Three records of foldout paper with color and black and white drawings of womens fashion.