Showing 123 results

archival descriptions
Hermaniuk, Maxim, 1911-1996
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

100 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Clergy praying at Father Izyk's funeral

Clergy praying at Father Izyk's funeral, held at the Blessed Virgin Mary Church, Rossdale, Manitoba, June 15, 1995. In front: Deacon Stefan Tyrawski. In back, from left: Bishop Stefan Soroka, Metropolitan Michael Bzdel, Metropolitan Emeritus Maxim Hermaniuk, unidentified, and unidentified.

Code of Eastern Canon Law

Series consists of papers from the early pre-Council days of the Theological Commission, and from Vatican II during which time the Synod of Bishops examined the Eastern Code in relation specifically to the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Canada, as well as considering many other issues. The papers were created in the course of this work, to which are linked the series dealing with Vatican II and with the Synod of Bishops.

Hermaniuk, Maxim, 1911-1996

Consecration of B. Maxim

Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951. Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) is seated on the left of centre in the photo, Bishop Andrew Roborecki on the right. Archbishop Basil Ladyka appears to be seated in front of the altar, with several other clergy members also participating. Bishop Maxim has described the photo in his hand in Ukrainian on the back.

Consecration of B. Maxim Hermaniuk

Consecration of Reverend Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop to Archbishop Basil Ladyka, Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951. Archbishop Basil Ladyka stands before the altar, with Bishop Andrew Roborecki directly behind him, and Bishop Hermaniuk behind Bishop Andrew. There are seven prints depicting the consecration ceremony. This one alone bears some identification. Typed on the back, at the top edge of the print in Ukrainian is the description: "Consecration of Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk".

Consecration of Bishop Hermaniuk

Consecration of Reverend Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop, led by Archbishop Basil Ladyka, on the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba. Reverend Semen Izyk stands to the left of Bishop Isidore Borecki, who holds the mitre, left of Archbishop Ladyka.

Consecration of Bishop Hermaniuk, CSsR

Now consecrated Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk stands before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, while Bishop Andrew Roborecki stands on the right and Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) stands on the left, each holding his rabdos poimantike. June 29, 1951.

Consecration of Bishop Maxim

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk is holding the chalice during his consecration at Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951, with Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) on the left, Bishop Andrew Roberecki on the right, and several other clergy with him near the altar. Bishop Maxim has described the photo in his handwriting, in Ukrainian, on the back.

Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk

During the Consecration ceremony of Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop for Archbishop Basil Ladyka, Bishop Neil Savaryn stands to the right, behind the Apostolic Delegate. Proceeding around the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral in Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951. Bishop Hermaniuk leads, followed by Bishop Andrew Roberecki, and Archbishop Basil Ladyka.

Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, CSsR

Archbishop Basil Ladyka elevates candles as he stands before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, during the consecration of Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, who holds the poimantike rabdos, and stands to the left of Archbishop Basil. Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky), also holding his rabdos and wearing his mitre, stands behind Bishop Andrew Roborecki who holds his rabdos, with no mitre. Reverend Semen Izyk stands at the right of the clergy around the altar. June 29, 1951.

Results 41 to 50 of 123