Showing 141 results

archival descriptions
Ontario Item
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

113 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

PRPC0140

Father Ruh designed and built the Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary which was begun in 1935.

Grimsby, Ontario.

PRPC0148

The Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, designed and built by Father Ruh, was begun in 1935.

Grimsby, Ontario.

PRPC0180

Archbishop Wasyly Ladyka stands flanked by Bishop Andrew Roborecki on the left, and Bishop Isidore Borecki on the right, in front of Sts. Cyril and Methodius Ukrainian Catholic Church, designed and built by Father Ruh, in its early stages of construction.

St. Catharines, Ontario.

PRPC0240

"To our dear spiritual friend, Canon Philip Ruh, O.M.I. from the Botchar Family." Mary Botchar, nee Woroniak, a former and very devout parishioner from Cook’s Creek, Manitoba, with her husband and sons. Mary was instrumental in fund-raising for Father Ruh in Ontario in the fifties during his campaign to build the Lourdes Calvary and Grotto in Cook’s Creek.

Toronto, Ontario.

PRPC0241

In the spring of this year, former parishioners of Father Ruh, living by this time in southern Ontario, gathered for several teas to raise funds for what would be his final major project, the Calvary and Grotto in Honour of Our Lady of Lourdes in Cook’s Creek, Manitoba. Father Ruh is seated in the centre of the photo, smoking his pipe; Bishop Isidore Borecki, a long-time friend.

The location is either Toronto or St. Catharines, Ontario.

PRPC0242

In the spring of 1955, former parishioners of Father Ruh, living by this time in southern Ontario, gathered for several teas to raise funds for what was to be his final major project, the Calvary and Grotto in Honour of Our Lady of Lourdes, in Cook’s Creek, Manitoba. Bishop Isidore Borecki stands in the centre of the photo and Father Ruh sits to his right.

St. Catharines, Ontario.

Plenary Assembly of the Canadian Episcopate

Four rows of Canadian Catholic bishops pose during the Plenary Assembly of the Canadian Episcopate in Ottawa, Ontario, October 14-15, 1953. Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk is the last on the right, in front of the venetian blinds of the window on the right. Bishop Neil Savaryn is on the left, in the first row of those standing. Bishop Andrew Roberecki is the sixth from the left in the same row; Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) is right of Bishop Andrew. A full description of those present accompanies the photo. There are two black and white prints, both bearing pencil descriptions in Bishop Maxim's hand in Ukrainian.

Banquet with Ukrainian Parliamentarians and Students in Ottawa

Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk is seated in the centre of the photo with students and Ukrainian parliamentarians in Ottawa, Ontario, November 16, 1957. The nine individuals with Metropolitan Hermaniuk have all signed their names on the back of the photo. Date and location have been added to the greeting, written in ink, in Ukrainian, on the back. Print is from MMHP Album 2, no. 46.

WGMC 30

Interview, taped 25.05.1990 at studio of Portage Community Cable, Protage la Prairie, during Annual General Meeting of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario Conference of the United Church of Canada, of Bishop John Selby Spong (Episcopal/Newark, New Jersey), author of "Living In Sin?"

Winnipeg Gay Media Collective

Plast Centre, Toronto (Ont.)

Photo of the three-storey brick building housing the Plast Organization in Toronto, Ontario. The building is identified and the date and event named in Ukrainian typescript as the opening of the Centre. March 11, 1951.

Results 31 to 40 of 141