Showing 48 results

archival descriptions
Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Winnipeg Archives Alberta--Edmonton
Print preview View:

37 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

PRPC0153

Father Ruh on his knees at the entrance of ? St. Josaphat’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, designed and built by Father Ruh between 1939-1944. In 1951, it was declared a cathedral, and eventually it was designated a local heritage site.

The location is possibly Edmonton, Alberta.

PRPC0160

Two workers with a cement mixer and wheel barrows, during the construction of St. Josaphat’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, designed and built by Father Ruh. The church was begun in 1939, was designated a cathedral in 1946, and eventually was declared a provincial heritage site.

Edmonton, Alberta.

PRPC0175

St. Josaphat’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, designed and built by Father Ruh, was begun in 1939. Shown here under construction, the church was named a cathedral in 1948 and eventually designated a provincial heritage site.

Edmonton, Alberta.

PRPC0178

A gathering of people at the front entrance of St. Josaphat’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, designed and built by Father Ruh. The construction was led by Mike Yanchynski who traveled from Cook’s Creek each spring for several years until the church was completed. In 1948, St. Josaphat’s was named a cathedral, and eventually was designated a provincial heritage site.

Edmonton, Alberta.

PRPC0192

St. Josaphat’s Ukrainian Catholic Church was designed by Father Ruh and begun in 1939. The church was designated a cathedral in 1948 and eventually was declared a provincial heritage site.

Edmonton, Alberta.

PRPC0193

St. Josaphat’s Ukrainian Catholic Church was designed and built by Father Ruh and begun in 1939. It was designated a cathedral in 1948 and eventually declared a provincial heritage site.

Edmonton, Alberta.

PRPC0298

Father Ruh and Komanetsky on the steps of St. Josaphat’s Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral, designed by Father Ruh and begun in 1939.

Edmonton, Alberta.

PRPC0887

Collage. Left top to bottom: pioneer church in AB; Grotto in Skaro, AB; Ruh church in Dauphin, MB; Ruh church in St. Catharine’s, ON; Ruh church, Portage la Prairie, MB; Ruh church, Cloverleaf, MB; cross for Ruh church in St. Catharine’s, ON. From top, second from left: Ruh church in St. Catharine’s ON; Ruh church, Cook’s Creek, MB; unidentified Ruh blue print; Ruh church in Edmonton, AB; Father Ruh during construction of orphanage in Edmonton, AB; Rev. Canon Father Philip Ruh, O.M.I.; Ruh church in Grimsby, ON; Mike Yanchynski. Far right, from top: pioneer church in AB; Father Philip Ruh at First Mass; Ruh church in Winnipegosis, MB; Ruh church in Dauphin, MB; Ruh school in Chicago; Ruh church in Mountain Road, MB; Ruh church in Mountain Road, MB.

PRPC0447

Convent, Edmonton. Ukrainian typescript under the photo on the album page reads: "Sisters Servants Convent, Edmonton, Alberta." Father Ruh stands on the left, giving instructions during the addition of a wing to St. Joseph’s Monastery and School.

Edmonton, Alberta.

Results 11 to 20 of 48