Showing 143 results

archival descriptions
Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk fonds With digital objects
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Cook's Creek Church

Known at the time as St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Church, Reverend Philip Ruh, OMI, has written on the back of the black and white photo postcard: "Cook's Creek - Church. Taken from - South-west, together with the front-fence and the belltower...Artificial." Cook's Creek, Manitoba, 1947.

Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, CSsR

Archbishop Basil Ladyka elevates candles as he stands before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, during the consecration of Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, who holds the poimantike rabdos, and stands to the left of Archbishop Basil. Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky), also holding his rabdos and wearing his mitre, stands behind Bishop Andrew Roborecki who holds his rabdos, with no mitre. Reverend Semen Izyk stands at the right of the clergy around the altar. June 29, 1951.

Banquet at the King Edward Hotel

Clergy, including Reverend Maxim Hermaniuk and Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky), are gathered at the head table, with laity standing near, for a banquet, King Edward Hotel, Toronto, Ontario, March 20, 1950.

Bishop Maxim's First Episcopal Liturgy

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk celebrates Divine Liturgy in an outdoor setting, at Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, 965 Boyd Avnue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after his consecration as bishop. Present with him before the altar are several clergy, including Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir. Black and white print, in triplicate, is in excellent condition. Prints MMHP0053i and MMHP0053ii bear Bishop Maxim's hand-writing in Ukrainian. MMHP0053i says the photo is of a bishops' conference and of the first Archeparchial Divine Liturgy held in Winnipeg, Manitoba, July 1, 1951. MMHP0053ii agrees that the event is the bishops' conference and the first Archeparchial Divine Liturgy, but adds this is the first Divine Liturgy for Bishop Hermaniuk, citing the date as June 30, 1951.

B. Maxim Hermaniuk's First Episcopal Divine Liturgy

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk enters the church yard as he leads the procession to Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, 965 Boyd Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, after (?) celebrating Divine Liturgy in an open field the day after his consecration as bishop.

Results 11 to 20 of 143