Showing 17 results

archival descriptions
Borecky, Isidore Item
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

14 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Canonical Erection of Metropolitan See, VII

Metropolitan Archbishop Maxim Hermaniuk stands before the sanctuary of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, during the Canonical Erection of the Metropolitan See of Winnipeg and the Ceremony of his Installation as Archbishop-Metropolitan of Winnipeg. Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir stands at the left edge of the photo; Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) stands fifth from the left; Bishop Neil Savaryn stands left of His Grace, who is in the centre; Bishop Andrew Roborecki is right of His Grace. Several unidentified clergy stand nearby.

Canonical Erection of Metropolitan See, VI

His Grace, Archbishop-Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk, sits on the High Place of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, during the Canonical Erection of the Metropolitan See of Winnipeg and the Ceremony of the Installation of Bishop Maxim as Archbishop-Metropolitan of Winnipeg, February 12, 1957. Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir is seated second from the left; Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) is next to Monsignor Kushnir, on the right; Bishop Neil Savaryn is seated right of Bishop Isidore. Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk has written by hand in Ukrainian, in ink, on the previously attached paper frame: "Winnipeg, 12.2.1957".

Canonical Erection of Metropolitan See, IV

The Ukrainian Canadian bishops are seated before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral in Winnipeg, Manitoba, during the Canonical Erection of the Metropolitan See of Winnipeg and the Ceremony of the Installation of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk as Archbishop-Metropolitan of Winnipeg, February 12, 1957. From the left: Apostolic Exarch of Eastern Canada, Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky); Apostolic Exarch of Western Canada, Bishop Neil Savaryn, OSBM; His Grace, Archbishop-Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk; Apostolic Exarch of Saskatchewan, Bishop Andrew Roberecki. Four unidentified clergy stand nearby.

Obnova Conference in Toronto

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk sits in the centre of a banquet head table, with Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) right of centre, at the Obnova Conference in the Prince Edward Hotel in Toronto, Ontario, October 11, 1953. Bishop Maxim has written in ink, in Ukrainian, on the bottom right corner of the back of the photo, giving the event, date, and location.

Plenary Assembly of the Canadian Episcopate

Four rows of Canadian Catholic bishops pose during the Plenary Assembly of the Canadian Episcopate in Ottawa, Ontario, October 14-15, 1953. Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk is the last on the right, in front of the venetian blinds of the window on the right. Bishop Neil Savaryn is on the left, in the first row of those standing. Bishop Andrew Roberecki is the sixth from the left in the same row; Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) is right of Bishop Andrew. A full description of those present accompanies the photo. There are two black and white prints, both bearing pencil descriptions in Bishop Maxim's hand in Ukrainian.

Consecration of B. Maxim

Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951. Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) is seated on the left of centre in the photo, Bishop Andrew Roborecki on the right. Archbishop Basil Ladyka appears to be seated in front of the altar, with several other clergy members also participating. Bishop Maxim has described the photo in his hand in Ukrainian on the back.

Consecration of Bishop Maxim

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk is holding the chalice during his consecration at Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951, with Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) on the left, Bishop Andrew Roberecki on the right, and several other clergy with him near the altar. Bishop Maxim has described the photo in his handwriting, in Ukrainian, on the back.

First Episcopal Divine Liturgy, Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk stands before the crowd in front of Blessed Virgin Mary (Prokova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, 965 Boyd Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after Bishop Hermaniuk was consecrated as bishop. Several clergy, including Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) are also present in front of the church.

Bishop Hermaniuk, Episcopal Divine Liturgy

Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk performs his first Episcopal Divine Liturgy in an outdoor setting, at Blessed Virgin Mary (Pokrova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after his consecration as bishop. He offers Holy Communion to the faithful in the field serving as the church, while the Apostolic Delegate to Canada kneels top left, with Bishop Neil Savaryn next to him, and Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) kneeling next to Bishop Neil. Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir stands to the right of the altar, while Bishop Andrew Roborecki kneels third from the left.

Banquet at the King Edward Hotel

Clergy, including Reverend Maxim Hermaniuk and Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky), are gathered at the head table, with laity standing near, for a banquet, King Edward Hotel, Toronto, Ontario, March 20, 1950.

Results 1 to 10 of 17