The procession of clergy is entering Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral in Winnipeg, Manitoba, for the consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop to Archbishop Basil Ladyka, led at this point by Reverend Semen Izyk, and followed closely by Bishop Maxim. Bishop Andrew Roberecki, Bishop Isidore Borecki, Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir, and the Apostolic Delegate, Archbishop Ildebrando Antoniutti cross the street, a distance behind.
Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk is holding the chalice during his consecration at Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951, with Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) on the left, Bishop Andrew Roberecki on the right, and several other clergy with him near the altar. Bishop Maxim has described the photo in his handwriting, in Ukrainian, on the back.
Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951. Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) is seated on the left of centre in the photo, Bishop Andrew Roborecki on the right. Archbishop Basil Ladyka appears to be seated in front of the altar, with several other clergy members also participating. Bishop Maxim has described the photo in his hand in Ukrainian on the back.
Four rows of Canadian Catholic bishops pose during the Plenary Assembly of the Canadian Episcopate in Ottawa, Ontario, October 14-15, 1953. Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk is the last on the right, in front of the venetian blinds of the window on the right. Bishop Neil Savaryn is on the left, in the first row of those standing. Bishop Andrew Roberecki is the sixth from the left in the same row; Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) is right of Bishop Andrew. A full description of those present accompanies the photo. There are two black and white prints, both bearing pencil descriptions in Bishop Maxim's hand in Ukrainian.
Now consecrated Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk stands before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, while Bishop Andrew Roborecki stands on the right and Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) stands on the left, each holding his rabdos poimantike. June 29, 1951.
Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk stands before the crowd in front of Blessed Virgin Mary (Prokova) Ukrainian Catholic Church, 965 Boyd Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 30, 1951, the day after Bishop Hermaniuk was consecrated as bishop. Several clergy, including Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) are also present in front of the church.
His Grace, Archbishop-Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk, sits on the High Place of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, during the Canonical Erection of the Metropolitan See of Winnipeg and the Ceremony of the Installation of Bishop Maxim as Archbishop-Metropolitan of Winnipeg, February 12, 1957. Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir is seated second from the left; Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) is next to Monsignor Kushnir, on the right; Bishop Neil Savaryn is seated right of Bishop Isidore. Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk has written by hand in Ukrainian, in ink, on the previously attached paper frame: "Winnipeg, 12.2.1957".
Hierarchs during Bishop Cornelius Pasichny's Episcopal Ordination, January 17, 1996, St. Nicholas Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba. From left to right: Bishop Michael Wiwchar, Bishop Isidore Borecky, Metropolitan Stephen Sulyk, Metropolitan Michael Bzdel, Bishop Cornelius Pasichny, Bishop Basil Filevich.
Archbishop Basil Ladyka elevates candles as he stands before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, during the consecration of Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, who holds the poimantike rabdos, and stands to the left of Archbishop Basil. Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky), also holding his rabdos and wearing his mitre, stands behind Bishop Andrew Roborecki who holds his rabdos, with no mitre. Reverend Semen Izyk stands at the right of the clergy around the altar. June 29, 1951.
Clergy, including Reverend Maxim Hermaniuk and Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky), are gathered at the head table, with laity standing near, for a banquet, King Edward Hotel, Toronto, Ontario, March 20, 1950.