Showing 18 results

archival descriptions
Metropolitan Maxim Hermaniuk fonds Ladyka, Basil, 1884-1956 With digital objects
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Ukrainian Catholic Institute, Edmonton

In this class photo, dated 1928-1929, Rev. Father Ladyka is listed as Chaplain of the Ukrainian Catholic Institute in Edmonton, Alberta. Rev. Bro. Rogation is listed as Director, while Rev. Bro. Wladimir and Rev. Bro. Atanasey are featured but their duties are not listed. The students are identified. Top left quarter: W. Kalawski, S. Kalawski, A. Petruk, K. Saskiw, D. Nykolaychuk, W. Zaichkowski, J. Zubyk, M. Petruk, M. Lukawiecki. Bottom left quarter, to centre: S. Palamar, J. Wispinski, A. Dzenkiw, J. Wambeke, W. Wynnyk, P. Kostyshyn, P. Korchinski, F. Chanas, P. Ewaskiw, J. Puchaluk. Top right quarter: J. Kokolski, M. Horon, D. Kobylnyk, S. Sereda, S. Kasper, A. Huculak, A. Fedoruk, J. Sereda, T. Horon. Bottom right quarter: J. Yaceyko, M. Ogonowski, J. Wendzynowski, J. Andrusiw, M. Tatarchuk, P. Genik, M. Skowronski, W. Ewaskiw, J. Sawchuk.

Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, CSsR

Archbishop Basil Ladyka elevates candles as he stands before the altar of Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, during the consecration of Auxiliary Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, who holds the poimantike rabdos, and stands to the left of Archbishop Basil. Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky), also holding his rabdos and wearing his mitre, stands behind Bishop Andrew Roborecki who holds his rabdos, with no mitre. Reverend Semen Izyk stands at the right of the clergy around the altar. June 29, 1951.

Fiftieth Anniversary of Ukrainians in Canada, Group Photo in Mountain Road

A large group, including adults of all ages and children, are gathered close to the Patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary Ukrainian Catholic Church, known at the time as St. Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Church, in Mountain Road, Manitoba. Father Joseph Pulak stands behind the children, slightly left of centre. An unidentified priest stands to his right. Superimposed above the crowd are Bishop Nykyta Budka, to the left, Metropolitan Andrei Sheptytskyj, centre; Bishop Basil Ladyka, to the right. Superimposed in the bottom foreground are the word printed in Ukrainian: "Fiftieth Anniversary Jubilee of Ukrainians in Canada, Mountain Road, Man. 1941". The black and white print is in excellent condition.

Arrival for Consecration of Bishop Hermaniuk

The procession of clergy is entering Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral in Winnipeg, Manitoba, for the consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk as Auxiliary Bishop to Archbishop Basil Ladyka, led at this point by Reverend Semen Izyk, and followed closely by Bishop Maxim. Bishop Andrew Roberecki, Bishop Isidore Borecki, Monsignor Wasyl Kushnir, and the Apostolic Delegate, Archbishop Ildebrando Antoniutti cross the street, a distance behind.

Consecration of B. Maxim

Consecration of Bishop Maxim Hermaniuk, Sts. Vladimir and Olga Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba, June 29, 1951. Bishop Isidore Borecki (Borecky) is seated on the left of centre in the photo, Bishop Andrew Roborecki on the right. Archbishop Basil Ladyka appears to be seated in front of the altar, with several other clergy members also participating. Bishop Maxim has described the photo in his hand in Ukrainian on the back.

Results 1 to 10 of 18