Showing 6 results

archival descriptions
Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Winnipeg Archives Manitoba Text
Print preview View:

6 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

PRPC0307

Photo of a handbill advertising the first Marion Pilgrimage which was instituted by Father Ruh. The photo in the centre depicts an artist’s representation of the proposed Calvary and Lourdes Grotto on the left and the Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception on the right.

Cook's Creek, Manitoba.

PRPC0421

Photo of the handbill which invited attendance at the consecration of the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Cook’s Creek.

Cook's Creek, Manitoba.

Lourdes Stone Monument Installed at Cooks Creek Grotto

An article written by Gloria Romaniuk, Archivist for the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Winnipeg Archives, that was published in Progress Ukrainian Catholic News. The article tells the story of the stone from Lourdes, France, and how it came to be installed in the Cook’s Creek Grotto, in Manitoba. The article is illustrated by archival and recent photos, including photos of two members of St. Josaphat Council # 4138, Knights of Columbus, who were instrumental in obtaining the stone from Lourdes.

Romaniuk, Gloria

PRPC0306

Photo of the handbill advertising the consecration of the Ukrainian Catholic Church of St. John the Baptist which was rededicated at this time to the Blessed Virgin Mary as the Church of the Immaculate Conception. The photo at the top shows a photo portrait of Father Ruh in the upper left corner, the bell tower on the lower left, and the church on the right.

Cook's Creek, Manitoba.

PRPC0422

Photo of the handbill announcing the First Marion Pilgrimage, to be held on August 27, 28, and 29, 1954.

Cook's Creek, Manitoba.