Showing 33 results

archival descriptions
Alberta--Edmonton Image
Print preview View:

33 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Ukrainian Catholic Institute, Edmonton

In this class photo, dated 1928-1929, Rev. Father Ladyka is listed as Chaplain of the Ukrainian Catholic Institute in Edmonton, Alberta. Rev. Bro. Rogation is listed as Director, while Rev. Bro. Wladimir and Rev. Bro. Atanasey are featured but the...

PRPC0160

Two workers with a cement mixer and wheel barrows, during the construction of St. Josaphat’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, designed and built by Father Ruh. The church was begun in 1939, was designated a cathedral in 1946, and eventually was declared...

PRPC0178

A gathering of people at the front entrance of St. Josaphat’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, designed and built by Father Ruh. The construction was led by Mike Yanchynski who traveled from Cook’s Creek each spring for several years until the church wa...

PRPC0192

St. Josaphat’s Ukrainian Catholic Church was designed by Father Ruh and begun in 1939. The church was designated a cathedral in 1948 and eventually was declared a provincial heritage site.Edmonton, Alberta.

PRPC0298

Father Ruh and Komanetsky on the steps of St. Josaphat’s Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral, designed by Father Ruh and begun in 1939.Edmonton, Alberta.

PRPC0447

Convent, Edmonton. Ukrainian typescript under the photo on the album page reads: "Sisters Servants Convent, Edmonton, Alberta." Father Ruh stands on the left, giving instructions during the addition of a wing to St. Joseph’s Monastery an...

Participants of the 18th Congress of U.C.C.

Group photo of male participants of the 18th National Congress of U.C.C. (Ukrainian Catholic Church), July 2, 1995, Edmonton, Alberta. Standing in the front row, centre, is (from left), Father Michael Buyachok, Bishop Cornelius Pasichny, unidentif...

PRPC0202

Father Ruh, on the left, stands with workers on the steps of St. Josaphat’s Ukrainian Catholic Church, which he designed and began in 1939, and which was declared a cathedral in 1948.Edmonton, Alberta.

Results 1 to 10 of 33