Back: "Church page for March 30 30cms X 4" Front: "New St. Mary’s Church Mountain Rd., Man." Architect Victor Deneka designed the new St. Mary’s Ukrainian Catholic Church after Father Ruh’s church was struck by lightning and was burned to the ground in 1966.
The concrete footings and bell tower bear silence witness, with the unscathed fir trees, to the rubble that once was St. Mary’s Ukrainian Catholic Church. Built entirely of wood within eleven months, between 1924-1925, the church was struck by lightning and burned to the ground.
An unidentified witness of the ruin and rubble of St. Mary’s Catholic Church which was struck by lightning and burned to the ground. The bell tower, in the centre of the photo, survived the rapid flames.