Print preview Close

Showing 44 results

archival descriptions
Beautiful Plains School Division Sous-fonds
Print preview View:

Belton

attendance registers for the years 1894 to 1906.
Belton 370 1885 – 1919
Located on SW 16-13-16
The first teacher was Olivia Harrison.

Acton

registers covering 1906 to 1919
Acton 155 1887 - 1918
Opened in 1887on the NW corner of 4-16-15 (J. M. Young farm). The first teacher was Harold Mitchell. The school was named by Mrs. Robert McCracken who had come from Acton, Ont. In 1903 this school was replaced by a new Acton School located on SE 5-16-15. This building was later moved to Eden and used as a community hall.

Big Valley

attendance registers for years listed
Big Valley 2109 1926 – 1958
Located on NE 8-17-15
On June 16, 1924 the first meeting was held to discuss the building of a school that would be situated on either side of the valley. Many meetings were held, and in June, 1926 the school was built halfway up the bank on the north side of the valley. The school stood as a landmark until 1966 when it was destroyed by fire. The last teacher was Edward Sawchuk.

Results 1 to 10 of 44