Reprint of the west side of 6th Street, Brandon, Manitoba looking north. Businesses in the image, from left to right, are: Winter & O'Neill (general store), James A. Smart (hardware), Grand Central Hotel (built 1882, razed 1890 to make space for new development) , Americal House (hotel), and Brandon House (hotel). In front of the buildings there are people with horse drawn wagons.
Photograph of a train carrying settlers from South Dakota. The train is stopped with people standing on top and in front. Bound for the Canadian North-West, this CPR train arrived in Winnipeg on May 1st, 1891. The following messages were written on the sides of the train: "Good-bye South Dakota. Bound for the Canadian North-West. Free land. Plenty of timber. Pure water. No more 2 bushels per acre. No more opaline fuel. No more 5 mile water haul. No more grinding machine agents. Hurrah for Canada."
Early photograph of Pacific Avenue, Brandon. The photograph shows the office and yard of Barclay & O'Hara: Dealers in Lumber and Coal at 704 Pacific Avenue. In front are people with horses and wagons. To the left is the Western Canada Loan & Savings Co. (appraiser, E. J. Barclay). To the far right is possibly the Farmer's Home Hotel.