Reprint of the west side of 6th Street, Brandon, Manitoba looking north. Businesses in the image, from left to right, are: Winter & O'Neill (general store), James A. Smart (hardware), Grand Central Hotel (built 1882, razed 1890 to make space for new development) , Americal House (hotel), and Brandon House (hotel). In front of the buildings there are people with horse drawn wagons.
Photograph of men driving horses and four Massey wide-open binders harvesting wheat in the Brandon district. Each binder has a stooker and an operator with a bamboo whip. In the scene is a a group of women in a Pratt Elkhart car.
Photograph of the Brandon Fire Station #2 located on the southeast corner of 11th Street and McTavish Avenue. The photograph shows firemen on two horse drawn fire engines in front of the station. E. "Ted" Harden is the driver of the rig on the right. He worked with the Brandon Fire Department from 1910-1918.
Early photograph of Pacific Avenue, Brandon. The photograph shows the office and yard of Barclay & O'Hara: Dealers in Lumber and Coal at 704 Pacific Avenue. In front are people with horses and wagons. To the left is the Western Canada Loan & Savings Co. (appraiser, E. J. Barclay). To the far right is possibly the Farmer's Home Hotel.