Series consists of correspondence so designated by Sister Cornelia Mantyka, Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Winnipeg Archives archivist in the 1980s, and Nick Yakimishyn, archivist from May 1991 to September 1993. There are many cards, congratulations, letters, and postcards, personal and professional, spanning both the vocational and administrative career of Metropolitan Maxim.
The series records the interest Metropolitan Maxim took in the spiritual and cultural life of Ukrainian youth in Canada. It traces the development of the youth program guided by the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Canada, the evolution of St. Nicholas School in Winnipeg, Manitoba, into the Immaculate Heart of Mary School, the history of St. Vladimir's College in Roblin, Manitoba, and the emergence of Ukrainian Park, in the decades of Metropolitan Maxim's influence.
The series includes records of the efforts made to aid Ukrainians in Europe displaced by the Second World War. He helped organize the Committee's publication, Visti, with the aim to bolster the spiritual, social, and nationalist life of the refugees. Metropolitan Maxim's work in Belgium in aid of those dispossessed, continued from his new home in Canada.
The series includes papers from the time Metropolitan Hermaniuk was appointed Bishop in Canada and throughout his religious career, spanning the anniversaries and milestones in his life. The documents are both official and personal, greetings, congratulations, and newspaper clippings.
The series includes the theses written by Metropolitan Hermaniuk in 1947, as well as his contributions to newspapers and periodicals such as Visti, Obnova, Voice of Christ, Lover of Mankind, P.B. Louvain, Logos, Postup/Progress, the New Catholic Encyclopedia, and various articles.
Father Joseph Pulak and an unidentified female teacher pose with students in Brandon, on the grounds of the Nativity of the Mother of God Ukrainian Catholic Church, known at the time as St. Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Church. The black and white print is in very good condition, with a few marks, affixed to a light coloured cardboard frame. Oversized.
Four rows of ladies pose before a stage, with the title of the photo written in Ukrainian in white in the foreground: the O. Kobelyanski Ladies Club, Brandon, Manitoba. 1928-1938. The black and white print is in excellent condition.
Father Joseph Pulak with the Holy Communion class of the Nativity of the Mother of God Ukrainian Catholic Church in Brandon, Manitoba. The church was known at the time as St. Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Church. Black and white print in good condition, with the photographer's stamp on the back.