Fonds BA-503; Microfilm: R51, R52 - Highland Mennonite Brethren Church, Calgary, Alberta fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Highland Mennonite Brethren Church, Calgary, Alberta fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA CMBS BA-503; Microfilm: R51, R52

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1954-2001 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

16 cm of textual records
2 microfilm reels

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Alberta Mennonite Brethren Missions had started a city mission in Calgary in the 1950s. From this emerged the Calgary Mennonite Brethren Church in 1956 with 41 charter members. They met in rented facilities. In 1962 they completed their own meeting house. Later an educational wing was added. In 1980 the membership stood at 311. In 1983 they divided the congregation to form the Dalhousie Mennonite Brethren Church. In 2000 the membership stood at 219. The leaders of the congregation were: Abram Rempel (1956-1958), Abr. Regier (1959-1962), Henry Willms (1963, 1975-1982), J. Bergen (1964-1965), J. Schmidt (1966), A. L. Klassen (1967-1973), Alfred Quiring (1974), Heinz Ratzlaff (1983-1989), Jim Shantz (1990-1994), Harry Heidebrecht (1995- ).

Custodial history

Records were transferred to the Centre for M.B. Studies archives in Winnipeg, Manitoba on a regular basis to 2001. Some records were microfilmed in 1978 through the work of the Historical Commission of the Mennonite Brethren Conference.

Scope and content

This fonds consists of 4 series. Highland Mennonite Brethren Church history, newsletters and directory, Bulletins, and Minutes and reports.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Series description and a file list is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres