Title and statement of responsibility area
Hartney United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 78-25; 81-19; 86-22; 99-2
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
.25m textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Hartney United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Hartney since 1925. After joining The United Church of Canada in 1925, the Hartney pastoral field was comprised of Hartney, Bethel and Forbes. Rev. A.F. Lavender presided. The former Methodist church, built in 1890 continued to be used as Hartney United Church. A new church was built in 1928 and the former Methodist church was incorporated as a wing addition. The Hartney-Lauder-Dand Pastoral charge was formed in 1970 and lasted until Dand's closure in 2005. At the time of description, Hartney is part of the Hartney-Lauder Pastoral charge in Assiniboine Presbytery.
The records of Hartney United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from the Hartney-Lauder charge between 1978 and 1999.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Hartney United Church include: records of the Official Board, including minutes (1923-1944); records pertaining to Christian Education, including minutes, registers and financial records (1925-1974); records of Annual Congregational Meetings, including minutes and financial records (1925-1963); records of the Trustee Board, including minutes and financial records (1890-1928); records of the Board of Stewards, including minutes (1942-1958); records pertaining to church property, including a bank book and statement of weekly offerings (1926-1965); records of the Women's Missionary Society, Mission Circle, Women's Association, United Church Women, and Young Women's Auxiliary, including minutes, rolls and financial records, (1924-1973); records of the Choir and Mission band, including minutes, rolls and financial records (1933-1941); and reference material including miscellaneous reports, correspondence and bulletins (1943-1955).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory available.
Further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Brandon Presbytery (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description