Gunton United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Gunton United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Gunton United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Gunton, northwest of Selkirk, from 1925 to 1987. Its predecessor was a Union church formed in 1912 between Gunton Methodist Church and Windsor Presbyterian Church. It was one of the first Union churches in the Municipality of Rockwood. The Gunton Methodist Church, built in 1907, continued to be used by the United Church. At the time of formal union with The United Church of Canada, Gunton was in a pastoral field with Teulon and Dundas with Rev. James Savage presiding. Gunton United Church closed in 1987. The church continues to be maintained for an annual service, weddings and funerals.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places