Fonds OW.036 - Gunton, St Stephen fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Gunton, St Stephen fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA DRL OW.036

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1903-1971 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

5.0cm of textual records
3 still images

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Parish of St Stephen, Gunton, was formed on 16 July 1903 by Archbishop Machray. It first appears in Synod Reports/Journals in 1908 associated with Foxton, St Cyprian and Erinvale, All Saints. Gunton was associated with Teulon and Erinville for its entire history. When the Rev EA Syms took ill in 1967, the Gunton congregation began travelling to Teulon for services. St Stephen's church was closed the following year and secularized 23 September 1968.

Custodial history

Parish to Diocesan Archives

Scope and content

The fonds for this parish includes one bound parish register, 1908-1964, a vestry book dated 1947-1967, and Woman's Auxiliary Minutes (1953-1963). There is one file folder containing correspondence, a list of contents for St Stephen's Church dated 24 September 1968, and canonical documents (1968).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

The Sacramental Register is held in the Upper Vault. All remaining files are stored in the Lower Vault. Still Images are filed by title in the Still Images - Rural Parishes Collection.

Availability of other formats

Parish registers are on microfilm reel #4.

Restrictions on access

Use of parish registers restricted to Archives staff.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Rural Parishes Finding Aid

Associated materials

Related material: See Teulon, St Cyprian (OW.095), and Erinview, All Saints (OW.026). There is a chalice and paten from St Stephen's at Winnipeg, St Mary Magdalene Church (W.031).

Related materials

Accruals

None expected.

Language of material note

English

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres