Title and statement of responsibility area
Grosse Isle, St Michael fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
2 cm textual material
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The parish of St Michael, Grosse Isle, was formed 7 October, 1890 . Church construction began in the fall of 1891. Services began on the first Sunday in April 1892, and were held twice a month. The church was consecrated on 28 August 1892. In 1987, the church was placed on a new foundation. In 1992, the church was moved into the town of Grosse Isle, on to land donated by Walter T. James. St Michael, Grosse Isle was associated with Christ Church, Rosser (OW.082) since the parish was formed. When Rosser closed in 1947, its congregation transferred to Grosse Isle. Grosse Isle then became part of the Woodlands Group, which at times included St George, Woodlands (OW. 105); St John, Marquette (OW.053); St Luke, Poplar Heights (OW.071); and Christ Church, Stony Mountain (OW. 093). At the time of description, only Grosse Isle and Woodlands remain active parishes in the Woodlands Group, and services in Grosse Isle are held every second Sunday.
Parish to Diocesan Archives in 1984.
Scope and content
The records of St Michael, Grosse Isle include: Canonical Documents; one Sacramental Register; and a Research file.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
All files and registers are held in the Upper Vault.
Availability of other formats
Parish Registers available on microfilm reel #4
Restrictions on access
Use of parish registers limited to Archives staff. Consult the archivist for more information.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Rural Parishes Finding Aid. Consult the archivist for more information.
Further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Woodlands, St George (Subject)