Fonds Acc: 88 - 6 - Griswold United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Griswold United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 88 - 6

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1919 - 1973 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

3 volumes textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Griswold United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Griswold, west of Brandon, since 1925. Its predecessor was a Local Union church formed by Griswold Presbyterian Church and Griswold Methodist church in 1919. The Presbyterian church, built in 1898 on Lot 16 and 17, Block 4 of Patterson, bought from Mr. Richard B. Angus, continued to be used as the United Church. At Union in 1925, the Griswold Pastoral charge included Griswold, Huntingdon and Terence. In 1950, Griswold United Church joined the Oak Lake Pastoral charge, where it remains today, in Assiniboine Presbytery. Griswold United Church was designated a Provincial Heritage Site on October 24, 1989, and a plaque honouring the church as a building of provincial historic significance was unveiled on July 12, 1998.

Custodial history

The records of Griswold United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Oak Lake Pastoral charge on January 29, 1988.

Scope and content

The records of Griswold United Church held at the conference archives include records of the Session (1919-1962); records of the Board of Stewards (1958-1966); and history (1973).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: Griswold United Church is also described as part of the Griswold Pastoral charge. See also the records of the Oak Lake Pastoral charge for other material pertaining to Griswold United Church.

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres