Title and statement of responsibility area
Greenwood United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA 81-5; 97-11
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
2m textual records, other materials.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Greenwood United Church existed in Winnipeg from 1925 to 1977. The predecessor of Greenwood United Church was Greenwood Methodist Church (1915-1925). The Greenwood United congregation utilized the former Greenwood Methodist Church structure, which was built in 1915. In 1952, a new Christian Education building was constructed on the church property. Greenwood United Church amalgamated with Chalmers United Church in 1977, becoming McClure United Church.
The records of Greenwood United Church came to the conference archives of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of three transfers of records between 1981 and 2001.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Greenwood United Church are arranged in the following series: Sacramental Registers, pertaining to Baptisms, 1917-1979, Marriages, 1913-1977, and Burials, 1922-1978; Membership Rolls and records of the Session, including communion roll/registers, minutes, correspondence and reports, 1937-1976; records of the Official Board, including minutes, reports and financial records, 1915-1957; records pertaining to Christian Education, including minutes, correspondence, reports and programs, 1916-1933; Annual Reports, 1971-1972; records pertaining to the Board of Trustees/Stewards and church property, including minutes, correspondence, reports and financial records, 1916-1979; records of lay associations, including the Women's Missionary Society, Women's Association, and United Church Women, 1925-1978; and reference material, including miscellaneous correspondence and reports, clippings, scrapbook, church history, orders of service, 'Honour Roll' and photographs.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Finding aid and item level inventory available.
No further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Winnipeg Presbytery (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description