Title and statement of responsibility area
Greenridge United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1916 - 1996 (Creation)
Physical description area
24 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Greenridge United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Greenridge, located northeast of Emerson in the Rural Municipality of Franklin, since 1925. Its predecessor was a Local Union church formed by Greenridge and Newbridge Presbyterians churches and Woodmore and Ridgeville Methodist churches. The Greenridge Presbyterian church, built in 1884 on the northwest corner of section 21 - 2 - 4E of land donated by Andrew Davison, continued to be used as the United Church. At the time of formal union with the United Church of Canada in 1925, Reverend G.D. Robinson presided over a pastoral charge that included points at Greenridge, Newbridge, Ridgeville and Woodmore. Dominion City joined the field in 1932. In 1958, Greenridge and Woodmore amalgamated to become the Greenridge-Woodmore congregation. In 1959, the Emerson-Dominion City Pastoral charge was formed when Emerson, Letellier and Marais joined the Dominion City, Greenridge-Woodmore, Newbridge and Ridgeville. The congregation of Newbridge amalgamated with Greenridge-Woodmore in 1965 and following a congregational meeting in 1966, the congregation elected to become known simply as Greenridge United Church. In 1968, the pastoral charge was renamed the Valley Pastoral charge and included points at Altona, Dominion City, Emerson, Greenridge, Letellier and Ridgeville. Closures the following year by Letellier and Ridgeville left only Altona, Dominion City, Emerson and Greenridge in the field. By 1972, only Dominion City, Emerson and Greenridge remained. Greenridge United Church purchased the Ridgeville United Church following its closure in 1969 and moved the building to Greenridge and attached it to their church. It is currently used as a Christian Education Centre. As of 2017, Greenridge remains part of the Valley Pastoral charge in the Agassiz Presbytery.
The records of Greenridge United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from Greenridge United Church in 1990 and 2008.
Scope and content
The records of Greenridge United Church held at the conference archives include: Sacramental register pertaining to Baptisms (1972-1996), Marriages (1972-1995), Burials (1972-1995); records of the United Church Women (1916-1980); records of the Woman's Association (1944-1953); records of the Congregation (1933, 1983, 1984); records of the Ladies Aid (1943-1944); and reference material.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the records of Dominion City United Church and Newbridge United Church for other material pertaining to Greenridge United Church.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description