Fonds Acc: Unknown - Grandview United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Grandview United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: Unknown

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1987 - 1993 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 cm textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Grandview United Church, has existed in the Manitoba community of Grandview, located west of Dauphin, since 1925. Its predecessor was a Local Union formed between the Methodist and Presbyterian congregations in Grandview and Gilbert Plains in 1918. Grandview Presbyterian Church, built in 1912, continued to be used as the United Church, with the former Methodist Church building being added to the former Presbyterian church building. At Union, there were two distinct Grandview charges. The Grandview field, initially presided over by Rev. J.D. Wildfond, included the town of Grandview as well as Wicklow from 1925 to 1957, Umatilla from 1933 to 1960 and Tamarisk from 1925 to 1975. The charge known as Grandview West was supplied by student ministers and included Riverview, Blackstone, Duck Mountain, Halton, Mountain Gap, Ottawa, Pleasant Valley, Rose Ridge, and Mossvale during its existence from 1925 to 1958. A new church was dedicated on October 23, 1960. Grandview United Church has been a single - point charge since 1975 and is part of the Northland Presbytery.

Custodial history

The records of Grandview United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from Grandview United Church.

Scope and content

The records of Grandview United Church include Annual Reports (1987, 1989, 1990, and 1993).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: The records of Grandview United Church are also described as part of the Swan River fonds. See the Private Register of Rev. John A. Cormie for marriage records (1914 - 1920) pertaining to Grandview Presbyterian Church.

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres