Title and statement of responsibility area
Goodlands United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 2005-22
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1 volume textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Goodlands United Church has existed in Goodlands, Manitoba, located southwest of Deloraine, since 1925. Its predecessor was the Goodlands Union Church which was formed in 1921 between the Presbyterian and Methodist congregations at Goodlands, Corydon, Waterloo and Addington. Reverend Walter Ward was the first Union minister. The Methodist church was used after the Local Union was formed while the Presbyterian church was used as a Sunday School room and church hall before being torn down sometime before 1970. When Goodlands formally joined the United Church of Canada in 1925, Reverend J.M. Willson presided over the pastoral charge, which included points at Goodlands, Waterloo and Addington. A basement was added to the church in 1955. In 1959, the Waskada-Goodlands Pastoral charge was formed. Reverend Frank Shuttleworth presided over the new charge, which included points at Goodlands, Waskada, Addington and Waterloo. By 1965 only Goodlands and Waskada remained on the charge. In 1994, the Cornerstone Pastoral charge was founded. Coulter-Coultervale, Lyleton and Pierson were included in the field along with congregations in Goodlands and Waskada. Goodlands United Church closed in 2008.
The records of Goodlands United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Waskada-Goodlands Pastoral charge in 2005.
Scope and content
The records of Goodlands United Church held at the conference archives include records of the congregation (1921-1945).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Brandon Presbytery (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description