Fonds OW.031 - Gimli Anglican Mission, St Augustine of Hippo fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Gimli Anglican Mission, St Augustine of Hippo fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA DRL OW.031

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1943-1986 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

9.0cm textual records
2 still images

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Anglican services in Gimli began in 1943. At that time, Gimli was an Anglican mission. It was not until 4 May 1966, that the parish of St Augustine of Hippo was formed by Archbishop Clarke. Services were held in the Protestant Chapel at the RCAF Station and the Lutheran Church before renting space from St Michael's Roman Catholic Church, Gimli. Between 1965 and 1976, there was a rectory in Gimli. The parishes of Gimli, St Bartholomew, Winnipeg Beach (OW.104) and All Saints, Whytewold (OW.103) formed a group known as the Parishes of the Western Beaches. On 1 December 1985, the congregation resolved to join with St Bartholomew, Winnipeg Beach. In the spring 1986, the parish of St Augustine of Hippo amalgamated with the Parish of St Bartholomew, Winnipeg Beach.

Custodial history

Parish to Diocesan Archives in 1984.

Scope and content

Fonds consists of Canonical Documents (1966-1985); Titles (1962-1965); Sacramental Register (1966-1985); Vestry Books (1943-1985); Correspondence re: Rectory (1965-1976); Correspondence re: Amalgamation (1985-1986); Financial Statements (1965-1985); Minutes of Vestry and Annual Meetings (1966-1985); still images. There is one General Office folder. Research File.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

The Sacramental Register is held in the Upper Vault. All other files are located in the Lower Vault. Still images are filed by title and are located in the Still Images - Rural Parish collection.

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Use of parish registers limited to archives staff. There are no other restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Rural Parishes Finding Aid

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

None.

Language of material note

English

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres