Gilbert Plains St. Paul's United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Gilbert Plains St. Paul's United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1925-present

History

St. Paul's United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Gilbert Plains since 1925. Its predecessor was a Local Union church between Presbyterians and Methodists held in the Presbyterian church building starting 1918. In 1918, the points of Tamarisk and Umatilla were moved from Grandview and added to the charge of Gilbert Plains, but after a few years they were returned to Grandview. During the 1940s, the minister at Gilbert Plains also served Clearview, Harmony, and Mountview. Since 1980, Gilbert Plains and Ethelbert United Church, built in 1973, have been part of a two-point charge. It is located at 22 Minto Ave. East.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC