Fonds - Gilbert Plains-Ethelbert Pastoral Charge fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Gilbert Plains-Ethelbert Pastoral Charge fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1980-1993 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 volume textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Gilbert Plains is located directly West of Dauphin on the Canadian National Railway line. Ethelbert is located North of Dauphin. Settlers came to the area of Gilbert Plains around 1890, and by 1892 the Methodists has established several appointments north and south of the rail line. The area around Ethelbert was settled somewhat later. Chatsworth Methodist Church was the first church to be built in the district, in 1899. It was moved to town from its original location in 1901. The first ordained Presbyterian minister came into the district in 1899 and preached initially at the Chatsworth church, as well as throughout the district. A Presbyterian Church was opened in Gilbert Plains in 1904. Close co-operation between the Methodists and Presbyterians of the district was consummated in an agreement to formalise local union as of July 1, 1918. Thereafter services in Gilbert Plains were held in the Presbyterian building, which was larger. St. Paul's United Church in Gilbert Plains, and Ethelbert United Church, built in 1973, have been part of a two-point charge since 1980.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Items described here consist of an Annual Report for the Gilbert Plains-Ethelbert Pastoral Charge (1993).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level description available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres