Fonds - Garland United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Garland United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1916-1966 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

3 volumes textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

St. John Ukranian Protestant Church of Canada of Garland was built and dedicated in 1916 in the community of Garland, Manitoba, located eleven miles south of Pine River in the Rural Municipality of Ethelbert. While Garland only appears in the Presbyterian Yearbook in 1915 under the spiritual leadership of Reverend Gaherial Tymchuk, baptism and burial records show that the Presbyterians were active in the community as far back as 1903. In 1925, the church joined the United Church of Canada. Garland was part of the Ethelbert Pastoral charge, along with Pine River and Sclater. Rev. Ephraim Perich presided. Garland was later invovled in a multi-point charge relationship with Ethelbert, Pine River, and Winnipegosis from 1958 until its closure in 1965.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Items described here consist of the following: a Sacramental Register containing entries pertaining to Pine River, Ethelbert and Garland (1916-1966); minutes of meetings for the Woman's Association (1948-1957). Records pertaining to the Garland United Church and in the custody of Ethelbert United Church include Sacramental Registers (1903-1943), and the Garland Pulpit Bible.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers may apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals expected.

Language of material note

Some entries in the financial ledger are in Ukrainian.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres