Garland United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Garland United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

St. John Ukranian Protestant Church of Canada of Garland was built and dedicated in 1916 in the community of Garland, Manitoba, located eleven miles south of Pine River in the Rural Municipality of Ethelbert. While Garland only appears in the Presbyterian Yearbook in 1915 under the spiritual leadership of Reverend Gaherial Tymchuk, baptism and burial records show that the Presbyterians were active in the community as far back as 1903. In 1925, the church joined the United Church of Canada. Garland was part of the Ethelbert Pastoral charge, along with Pine River and Sclater. Rev. Ephraim Perich presided. Garland was later invovled in a multi-point charge relationship with Ethelbert, Pine River, and Winnipegosis from 1958 until its closure in 1965.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places