Title and statement of responsibility area
Forrest United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 94-28; 01-41; 09-41
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
23 cm of textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Forrest United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Forrest, located north of Brandon in the Rural Municipality of Elton, since 1929. Its predecessor was Humesville United Church, which was originally a Presbyterian Church built in 1883. Humesville amalgamated with Forrest in 1929 when a new church was built in Forrest. At that time, it was associated with the North Brandon Pastoral charge, which included points at Stewartville and Zion. Rev. C.I. Mason presided. The pews, pulpit and organ came from the Wesley Methodist Church near Rapid City. Dedication services were held on November 3, 1929. By 1965, there was no resident minister and the manse that was originally moved from Humesville was sold in 1975. As of July 1, 2010, Forrest-Douglas Pastoral Charge amalgamated with Rapid City to form Rolling River Pastoral charge in Assiniboine Presbytery.
The records of Forrest United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Rural Municipality of Elton in 1994; from Forrest United Church in 2001; and from the Pastoral charge in 2009.
Scope and content
The records of Forrest United Church held at the conference archives include: records of the congregation (1902-1932, 1961-1965, 1975, 1983); records of the W.A.(1934-1961); Communion Roll (1950-1971); Sacramental registers pertaining to Baptisms (1949-1972), Marriages (1949-1972), and Burials (1949-1972); records of the U.C.W (1962-1968); records of the Sunshine Mission Band (1925-1934); records of the W.M.S. (1922-1973); records of the Stewards (1930-1939); records of the Session (1879-1985); and records of the Sunday School Committee (1950-1959).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the Forrest and the Forrest-Douglas Pastoral charge fonds for other material pertaining to Forrest United Church.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description