Fonds OW.028 - Faulkner, St George fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Faulkner, St George fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA DRL OW.028

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1938-1971 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1.0 textual records
3 still images

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Hamlet of Faulkner is located south of Fairford. St George's Church, Faulkner was established in 1938. Travelling Missionary Rev Cecil Mosdell, and Mrs Buckley, a staunch Anglican who lived in the district, worked together to establish St George. The building came from a local farm, and another settler donated the land. The DORCAS in Winnipeg provided and organ, prayer desk and bible, their W.A. provided the altar hangings and local people made the altar and the benches. The W.A. from St George, Crescentwood gave 30 chairs, a silver communion set and money for a chancel. Archbishop Harding dedicated the church. The mission was cared for by travelling missionaries and theology students in the summer, including, among others: George Kelly, Harry Daniels, Maurice Wilkinson, Ken Wankling, Len Fryer, the Rev Silverstone and the Rev Holmes. By the 1960s, the church was not in regular use and was vandalized. In 1971, the church was formally closed. The organ went to Fairford, and the building was sold to a local farmer as a granary.

Custodial history

Parish to Synod Office in 2002.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of two file folders containing plans for the building and correspondence (1938-1971).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

All files are held in the Lower Vault.

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

None.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Rural Parishes Finding Aid

Associated materials

Related material: Registers for Ashern, St Michael (OW.003) contain entries for Faulkner, St George. See also the Mosdell, The Rev Cecil, Papers. WA history: MS dated August 1939, written by Amy Buckley, WA.78

Related materials

Accruals

None expected.

Language of material note

English

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres