Title and statement of responsibility area
Eriksdale United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
.5m textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Eriksdale United Church has existed in the town of Eriksdale, within the R.M. of Eriksdale, since 1925. The predecessors of Eriksdale United Church were Eriksdale Presbyterian Church and Eriksdale Union Church. The Presbyterian Church opened in Eriksdale in September 1912 under the guidance of Rev. Harper. In 1922, Eriksdale Presbyterian Church became Eriksdale Union Church. Eriksdale Union Church became Eriksdale United Church in 1925. At that time, the Eriksdale Pastoral charge includd Eastland. Rev. A.I.A. Carruthers presided. The Eriksdale United Church structure was destoryed by fire in 1936. Temporary services were held in Orange Hall and the local Anglican Church until a new church was constructed and dedicated in the fall of 1937. The church re-opened under the name of 'Bissell Memorial United Church'.
The records of the Eriksdale United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records between 1982 and 2002.
Scope and content
The surviving records of the Eriksdale United Church include the following: Sacramental Register, pertaining to Baptisms, 1927-1964, Marriages, 1928-1965, and Burials, 1928-1964; records of the Session, including minutes, 1952-1970; records of the Board of Managers, 1919-1989; records of Annual Congregational Meetings and Annual Reports, 1922-1989; records pertaining to the Board of Stewards and church property, including minutes, financial records, and correspondence with Board of Home Missions, 1919-1989; and records of lay associations, including the Ladies Aid and U.C.W., 1922-1991.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level description available.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description