Eriksdale, St John

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Eriksdale, St John

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Services were held in the Eriksdale area beginning in 1906 with the arrival of Rev. J.P. Smithman. The first services were held in the home of R. Cowdery before moving to the Hartfield School. The church was built in 1911, due in large part to a donation of one thousand dollars by James F. Richardson of New Brunswick. Land for the church was donated by John Sharpe. The first service was held 23 July 1911. The church was consecrated that same year by Archbishop Matheson on 11 August. At this time, Eriksdale shared its minister with Eastlands and Mulvihill (later known as Tennyson, OW.094) Also during its history, Eriksdale was connected to St Cuthbert, Lily Bay (OW.075) and All Saints, Scotch Bay (OW.086). In the 1950s and 60s, the Parish was associated with a number of Bishop's Messengers, including Deaconess Postans. In 1965, only special services were held and by 1970, it had fallen into disuse. The building was sold to Mrs Lucy Linden in 1971. It is now the Eriksdale Museum.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places