Fonds Ex-8; 91-30 - Epworth United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Epworth United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Ex-8; 91-30

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1909-1951 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

.5m textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Epworth United Church existed in Winnipeg from 1925 until 1952. The predecessor of Epworth United Church was Epworth Methodist Church. In 1927, the church relocated one block south and one block east of its original location on Sherburn Street. Epworth United Church was serviced by a variety of student ministers and retired ministers under the direction of various large congregations such as Maryland, Sparling and Broadway. Epworth United Church closed in April of 1952.

Custodial history

The records of Epworth United Church came to the conference archives of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of two transfers of records in 1970 and 1991.

Scope and content

The surviving records of Epworth United Church are arranged in the following series: Sacramental Registers, pertaining to Baptisms, 1931-1951, Marriages, 1930-1948, and Burials, 1942-1951; Membership Rolls and records of the Session, 1909-1947; records of the Quarterly Official Board, including minutes, 1922-1937; records pertaining to Christian Education, including minutes, attendance and financial records, 1921-1945; records of Congregational Meetings, 1922-1937; records pertaining to the Board of Stewards/Trustees and church property, including minutes and financial records, 1925-1938; records of lay associations, including the Women's Auxiliary, 1939-1949; and reference material including correspondence, clippings and orders of service.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some restrictions may apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid and item level inventory available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres