Fonds Acc: 78 - 7 - Edrans United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Edrans United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 78 - 7

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1913 - 1968 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

6 volumes textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Edrans United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Edrans, southeast of Neepawa, from 1925 to 1968. Its predecessor was a Methodist church built in 1901. It was operated as a Summer Mission Field. Rev. F.D. Ward was the first minister of the Mission. The Edrans Mission Field included Orangeville from 1925 to 1954; Firdale from 1946 to 1954; Helston from 1952 to 1961 and Pine Creek from 1925 to 1960. Edrans United Church disappears from the records in 1962, and the congregation ceased to exist after December 5, 1968. The congregation merged with Austin-Sidney. The church was moved to Edrans Cemetery in 1974, where it was given a new roof, repainted, and renamed Edrans Chapel.

Custodial history

The records of Edrans United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Austin - Sidney Pastoral charge in June of 1978.

Scope and content

The records of Edrans United Church held at the conference archives include: Sacramental Registers pertaining to Baptisms (1921-1922, 1941, 1947-1962), Marriages (1960-1961), and Burials (1952-1964); financial records (1911-1915, 1921-1941); Circuit register, including some Baptisms and Burials (1913-1958); and records of the Official Board (1923-1968).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Reigisters apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: See also the registers of Home Mission Fields, Box 509-1-2-1, for Baptisms, Burials and Communion Rolls pertaining to Edrans United Church (1934 - 1949) and the Gladstone Circuit fonds for other material pertaining to Edrans Methodist Church.

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres