Durban United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Durban United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Durban United Church, located in Durban, Manitoba in the Rural Municipality of Swan River, grew out of the Durban-Benito Methodist Mission Charge and the Durban Presbyterian Mission Field originally established around 1900. In 1918, the Durban Union Church was established. According to the agreement for co-operation between the Methodist and Presbyterian Churches in the district the Durban appointment, along with Benito, was supervised and staffed by Methodists after 1918. The former Presbyterian church, built in 1908, was utilized. In 1925, Durban, Benito and Ruby formed a field with Rev. J.F. Palmer officiating. Durban joined with Kenville and Harlington in 1927 (called Kenville-Durban charge). Around 1953 Thunder Hill joined with Benito and in 1955 Kenville, Harlington and Durban were added to this charge. Durban United Church was one of the preaching points of the Benito-Kenville Pastoral Charge. A Christian Education building was added to the church in 1953. Durban United Church closed in 1993. The church building and lot was sold in 1996 to Don Maliteare. Funds from the sale were turned over to the Benito-Kenville manse fund.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC