Title and statement of responsibility area
Dunara United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 02 - 28
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1923 - 1983 (Creation)
Physical description area
.5 m textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Dunara United Church existed in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrew's, Manitoba from 1925 until 1972. The predecessor of Dunara United Church was Dunara Presbyterian Church. The congregation of Dunara United Church utilized the structure erected by the Presbyterians in 1892. The original benches and pulpit in the church remained in use until 1951, when student minister W.C. Sellars built pews and a new pulpit for the Dunara congregation. Dunara United Church participated in a joint pastoral charge with Clandeboye, Petersfield, (and later Winnipeg Beach) for several years before the congregations began a trial amalgamation in 1969. In 1972, amalgamation of the churches became official. The amalgamated congregation is known as both the 'Clandeboye Amalgamated United Church' and as the ' Clandeboye Pastoral Charge of the United Church'. After amalgamation, services were held in Dunara United Church during the summer months only. The Dunara United Church was later occupied by the Full Gospel Church.
The records of Dunara United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records in 2002.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Dunara United Church are arranged in the following series: Sacramental records, including Baptismal certificate stubs, 1959 to 1971; Membership Rolls and records of the Session, including minutes, reports correspondence, Communion Roll and Vestry book, 1959 to 1981; records of Annual Congregational Meetings and Annual Reports, 1944 to 1970; records pertaining to the Board of Stewards and church property, including minutes and records pertaining to the Dunara Cemetery, 1958 to 1983; records of the lay associations, including the Ladies Aid, 1923 to 1953; and reference material, including church history, clippings and orders of service.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See records of Clandeboye Pastoral Charge fonds for Sacramental Register containing entries from Dunara United Church dating from 1925.
No further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description